- They advocate that a woman strike an assailant’s “eyes, throat, & groin”;
- They advocate the use of elbows, knees, & head butting; and
- They presume a single male attacker as the only assailant.
Anyone that tells you otherwise is doing you a disservice.
- Moved the attackers control further away from the attacker’s body core (thereby weakening him) and closer to the defender’s body core (thereby creating a relative leverage advantage in favor of the defender);
- Forced the attacker to maintain the control with “limb strength” while allowing the defender to release the control with “core strength” (creating a relative strength advantage in favor of the defender);
- Moved the defender into a “flank” position on the attacker making it more difficult for the attacker to continue attacking and easier for the defender to strike, control, or escape (creating both a relative position & speed advantage for the defender).
We used a few variations of the same attack, but the above principles and movements are basic solutions to almost any control from any position.